74th Annual Westfield Antique Show Runs July 21 & 22

WESTFIELD, N.Y. – The longest continuously running antique show in the United States is once again set to take place the third weekend in July in Westfield, N.Y.

The 74th Annual Westfield Antique Show will be held July 21 (10 a.m. to 6 p.m.) and July 22 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) at Eason Hall, 23 Elm St., Westfield, N.Y. The event will feature a large variety of merchandise, including glass, silver, jewelry, and 18th and 19th century furniture. Twenty-three different dealers from New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Connecticut and Indiana will be on hand.

The Westfield Antique Show first started in 1938 by Doc and Edie Shelkey, who were well-known local antique dealers during that era. Since then, the event has become an annual tradition in Westfield, attracting not only local antique collectors and dealers, but also many others from throughout the northeast.  It is now organized annually by the Chautauqua County Historical Society.

Admission for the Westfield Antiques Show is $5 for both days. Anyone who attends the show is also given free access during the weekend to the McClurg Museum in Moore Park, home of the Chautauqua County Historical Society. Free parking is available in the municipal lot on Elm St. (within half a block of Eason Hall). Free street parking is available on all streets surrounding Moore Park. All show venues are within one block surrounding Moore Park (corner of Routes 20 and 394).

For more information, please visit westfieldantiqueshow.com or contact the historical society at 716-326-2977 or by email at mcclurg@fairpoint.net.

About the Society
The Chautauqua County Historical Society was established in 1883 and is the oldest historical society in Chautauqua County. Since 1951, the organization has been based out of the historic McClurg Mansion (built in 1818) in Westfield, N.Y. Annual Membership rates start at just $20. All members are given free access to the museum year-round and a subscription to the quarterly “Time Lines” newsletter.  For more information, call 716-326-2977 or visit McClurgmuseum.org.

This entry was posted in News & Notices and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.