Tag Archives: Carlson’s Ice

Ice Harvesting on Chautauqua Lake

The commercial ice industry, made possible by the railroad, started in 1871 when the first of six large ice houses were built in Mayville. These were the Chautauqua Lake Ice Co., Pittsburgh Ice Co., Carlson’s Ice, Hopson Ice Co., Cornell … Continue reading

Posted in Images of the Past, Photos | Tagged , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments